Monday, August 5, 2013

Im back...with a lot to tell.

Hello dear readers!

Im so sorry it has taken me this long to write another post...I got caught up in life. A lot has happened since May 17th...so sit right back and hear the tale...

To start off, I took classes at Manchester Community College this summer: I actually just finished the semester...kinda. I still have one class left in my College Success Seminar, that ends on Tuesday. But I aced all my other classes. I got an "A" in my Microsoft Computer Applications class. That class was online, and I HATED IT!!!! But whatever, I got my "A".

I also had an English class which was...ok. I got an "A" in that class as well. It was easy enough to write a Narrative Essay, an Argumentative essay, an Analysis essay, a Combo essay, and finally a term paper. I did my Narrative essay on my first mission in Afghanistan, my Argumentative on Abortion, (How cliche, I know.) My Analysis on how to make a Filet mignon sandwich, and my combo was on my choosing a new school. And my term paper was on...Massage. (More about that later.)

My other class was American Sign Language I; and THAT was an easy and fun class. I understood it, it was easy, and the instructors made it fun! It was probably one of the easiest classes I have ever taken. I also got an "A" in this class.

The other and final class, you know about. The College Success Seminar. I still have one class left for that and it ends on Tuesday. (More on this later.) So far, I have an "A".

Also in the school realm, I have switched school and now I am at Seacoast Career School.

I am taking classes during the day 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM, Monday-Thursday with the occasional Friday. I am pursuing a job as a...wait for it...
MASSAGE THERAPIST!! I know, who woulda thunk it. This may come to a shock to many people especially people who have known me for years. However, things change and I have allowed myself to have a more open mind in many many things. I've done Zumba, which you don't see many guys doing...I'm pursuing Massage Therapy which has a male placement at 15-20% with females being that vast majority at 80-85%. I see this as a challenge to break the stereotype and it is a challenge I am happy to accept.

I am taking 4 classes this term. I am taking The Art of Massage Therapy, Pathology I, Medical Terminology, and Seated Massage. Today was my first day and as usual with first days, it was more of a welcome and here is the administrative stuff. So I didn't actually get to the "meat and potatoes" so to speak. That starts tomorrow....hopefully. I have the same instructor for all the classes and he is pretty cool...however he likes to go down rabbit trails...but Im ok with that. He usually has a point with them.

Also, some of the 2nd term students go out behind the school to a little patio on the river to meditate before school starts and that is something that I plan on joining in. Even if they don't do it every morning, I will be. 
This is a picture of the view from the patio...it is so tranquil and peaceful and quiet with nothing but the sound of the river. I love it. Or I may just walk along the road and the river...listening to my calming Kenny G or songs like "Sweet Afton" or even talk to God.

Speaking of God, I have been in the middle of "church searching". I am now at the age and point in my life where I need to make choices regarding my faith and how I feed it, on my own. I can't base these on the faith of my mom, dad, friends, etc. So if people have been wondering, that's where I have been...also at work...which sucks.

So, back to the English class thing, I was asked to help move one of my classmates and I agreed to help along with another guy. We were told that we were only moving a few pieces of furniture...and that we would be done by 2PM  latest...well not only was it a whole house of furniture and then another house on top of that with no tools to unscrew things or the like. So I had to miss a class because I had no way to get home and Im not mean enough to leave with a whole truck full of furniture...we eventually finished...but it was a hassle and a pain.

And finally...since last post, I started dating someone...and it was amazing! I haven't had so much fun as I did with her. She met every qualification I had for someone that I wanted...so I lucked out! However, that ended last night...It sucks, but I completely understand and respect the reasons...we still plan on being close friends. It still hurts a little bit, but Im sure with time that'll subside. Maybe things will change in the future...maybe not. Only God knows. However, I think that I'm taking it...ok. Im still trying to figure and work things out...but like I said, we still plan on being close friends...and that is more important to me than how I feel. There is more on this subject...but Im not sure how to word it...

Long story short..Im doing ok. I think that I have definitely grown up since my last relationship. I mean every other time, I have blocked the girl and stopped talking to her...this time is different though...and I am beyond thankful that God let me grow up this time...because this girl is so different from the others...and Im glad that she considers me a close friends and that no matter what happens from here on out, Im glad to have her in my life, and Im glad to be in hers...ok, now I need to dry my eyes...this sucks. haha.

Hopefully I will have more for you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment