Friday, May 17, 2013

Gym, Kiwis and Lemons...oh my

Hello my dear and loyal readers,

I've been going to the gym now (again) for... Two and a half months, mainly doing cardio work on the treadmill, which has been going well. Started at doing Two miles in 17:03 (17 minutes, 03 seconds) and now im under 15:00. So, im throughly happy with THOSE results. But Im starting to take my main focus off of that, and onto strength training...(due to some friendly encouragement from some friends.   ;-)) My first two classes were Wednesday and we focused on arms and legs...and I LOVED every minute of it! I haven't been pushed like that in a long long time. The trainer was awesome, the other people in the class were awesome and I had a good time, which is what matters. However, now my arms and legs scream at me constantly, but they will have to suck it up. Then today, I had an abs class, and that went a LOT better...I think...not nearly as sore, but then again, it hasn't been the normal 24 hours it usually takes for me to start aching. Needless to say, I will continue to go and work out and have a blast =D

  However, yesterday at work and into today while at the gym, I had a nasty NASTY migraine. Last night it was so bad that I had to pull over so I could rest on the way back home. But, I took a meloxicam and had some water which helped through the night but I still had a nasty headache, (though not nearly as bad as it was last night.) so while at the gym, a friend of mine suggested water with lemon slices to help with the headache. I trust this person so I thought I'd give it a try. So I went to the store got a few lemons, and a few kiwis...( I heard that tasted good as well.) I went home, prepared my nalgene and had meh drink...a couple of hours later, WOW it works! Headache is gone, im happy. So, lemons in water will be a future headache remedy for me. ;-) 

  In other news, this past weekend, I had a hard day on mother's day, I didn't sleep well Saturday night and I had work early Sunday morning. I got...2ish hours of sleep? (If I was lucky) work didn't help at all, and overall, it wasn't a pleasant day...until I was able to talk to someone, well two people. And things did a complete 180 degrees. And since them Ive done research on various..."healing methods" for the condition I have, and I think its going...ok? But anyway, I thank God every single day for these people.

In the other other news, classes start again in 11 days! Im pretty excited for my classes...well most of them. NO MATH THIS TIME!! =D Im taking American Sign Language I which I think is appropriate because I have some hearing loss. Im also taking Microsoft Computer Applications...which include powerpoint, word, exel, etc. I have College Composition which should be a breeze...Im amazing at writing especially at narratives, and finally I have some College Success Seminar...and I have no idea what that entails. Either way, itll be interesting and a good time.


That's all for now and thank you all for reading and being awesome.


Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment