Thursday, January 5, 2012

OB2B

Well, it is day three since I've started writing this blog and so far, OB2B (Operation: Back to Basics) is going well, better than I thought at least. I've started reaching out to friends that I haven't been talking to much lately and right now I'm working on two people at the moment. One of them I've known since...3rd grade.

It's strange to see how much things have changed since them. When we were in Jr. High, my youth group leader gave my year the nickname, "The Six Pack" because there were six of us. When we graduated high school, there were three of us...and now there are two, (that I know of. I could be wrong) That are still in church and serving in some capacity. Now, we're adults, and since college, started back in '07 I've decreased my contact with people around my age, drastically. I mean yeah, I see them Sunday morning and night and Wednesday nights and in some cases Friday nights too, but I haven't been keeping up with them outside that and THAT needs to change...but I digress.  I've contacted said person and tried to talk but my responsibilities got in the way at that time, so we've arranged for another time to talk...things are definitely looking up in that respect.

Person number two...person number two means a lot to me...we've shared some important experiences...deployments to Afghanistan mainly...that's the big one...we kinda parted ways in July of this year which was my fault and things got worse and worse and worse...and more recently in November we started really talking again which was really nice...and things have been doing ok since then...it's an unstable friendship now, but with work and effort and who knows what else, it can be stabilized. That's my hope.

These are two of the friendships that mean the most to me, I mean I've known one since forever, and the other has been a great support and help during some very difficult times...so thats my update.

I hate it when doing something brings back memories of a at one time happy thing and now its no more...it hurts, but life goes on...as much as I wish I could go back and make things right again.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment